What should you discuss during the first consultation with your contractor?
Remodeling takes courage. Perhaps
that’s why so many people put it off or pivot by moving to a different home. When we work with homeowners, we start with a short series of baseline questions, which helps them feel less pressure and more confidence in their decision to remodel.
The goal of our first meeting is to get to know one another. We want to listen to your needs, desires and expectations, and we want you to feel comfortable asking us questions. It’s a good idea to have all the decision makers present at the first meeting, so we can gather input and information about the project from all involved.
During our first meeting, we will cover the following items:
- What do you like or dislike about your present home?
- Describe the project you are considering.
- Why are you considering this project now?
- What do you hope to gain from the project?
- What are your present and future needs?
- Is your style contemporary, traditional, or somewhere in between? Tip: gather pictures from magazines or show us your Pinterest boards to convey the look or details you are after.
- How do you see yourself going through the process of selecting a remodeling contractor?
- How do you see yourself going through the design process?
- What is your target investment? We’ll need to have a frank and honest discussion of how much you want to invest in your home. We can only estimate how much your project will cost.
- How will you finance the project? Will you refinance or use cash?
- What is important to you in a remodeling company? Design? Experience? Single source of responsibility? Craftsmanship? Processes like scheduling and budgeting? Other attributes?
- How long do you plan to stay in your home?
At our initial meeting, we will also discuss Sylvestre’s unique, customer-focused Remodeling Process. Our Process aligns your needs, timetables and budgets to fulfill your vision. We look forward to our meeting and learning more about you and your project!